Vintage Cupcake Decorating Classes
If you have ever swooned over custom cupcakes and wished yours could look as beautiful, here is your chance to learn. At the hands of our professional cake maker Julie, the complete novice through to the experienced enthusiast will have fun learning skills you can do at home, using simple cake decorating tools.
You will learn how to spread and pipe buttercream icing perfectly, plus how to create delicate decorations from fondant to adorn your cakes along with sprinkles, glitter and more. Our cupcake classes at Netherstowe House provide a hands-on opportunity to develop your cake decorating skills in a fun, practical and supportive learning environment whilst relaxing in the quirky vintage surroundings of our cellar brasserie. This restaurant is loved by locals due to the totally unique atmosphere in which time seems to have stood still. As you enter the cellar you find yourself in a room with old wooden walls covered in historical pictures and memorabilia faded with age. At the end of the workshop, you will take home a box containing six of your own delicious creations. During your Cupcake Class you will enjoy:
- Learning how to make beautiful decorations suitable for cupcakes
- How to pipe neat fluffy swirls
- Hints and tips to enable you to create beautiful cupcakes at home
- Six wonderful cupcakes of your own creation to take home and impress your family and friends
Price: £55 per person (price includes 2 course lunch in cellar brasserie)
Due to the popularity of our cupcake classes advanced booking is highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
All classes take place between 10am - 12midday. Forthcoming dates include:
Saturday 5th April 2014
Saturday 3rd May 2014
Saturday 7th June 2014
Saturday 5th July 2014
Saturday 2nd August 2014
Saturday 6th September 2014
Saturday 4th October 2014
Saturday 1st November 2014 (Bonfire Night Themed)
Saturday 6th December 2014 (Christmas Themed)
You will learn how to create stunning floral cupcakes perfect for parties and gifts! This class focuses solely on the decorative side of cupcake making and takes place in our quirky vintage cellar brasserie.
The class begins with a detailed explanation of colour combinations using the colour wheel. You will learn all about mixing food colours to design a visually appealing scheme. You will have plenty of opportunity to practice and perfect simple and effective techniques using a wide range of tools.
This class is suitable for all levels. Your day will consist of:
- Preparing fondant for making delicate and beautiful flowers & models
- Working with food colours to create beautiful colour palettes and schemes
- Gaining confidence with using a variety of cutters/tools to make sugar flowers and models for example: hydrangea, roses, daisies, fantasy flowers, butterflies, ladybirds and many more!
You will go home with
- 12 beautifully decorated cupcakes
- Confidence in working with fondant, food colours and various cutters/tools for making intricate flowers and models by hand.
- An understanding of basic design principles and colour coordination
- Plus confidence and skills to use in your own kitchen.
Decorated with your own fair hand all packaged up and ready to take them home to impress your friends and family!
All ingredients, equipment and boxes are provided; you do not need to bring anything with you!
Price: £99 per person (price includes 2 course lunch in cellar brasserie)
The Cupcake Master Class take place between 10:30am - 3:30pm (lunch from 12.30-1.30pm). Forthcoming dates include:
Saturday 10th May 2014
Saturday 13th September 2014
Saturday 13th December 2014 (Christmas Themed)
When booking a Cupcake Class please allow as much notice as possible to avoid disappointment. Cupcake Class bookings are subject to availability, and need to be pre-booked, pre-paid and any cancellations under 1 week incur a 100% charge. 2 course lunch excludes beverages. Classes take place in the cellar brasserie which is accessed via a staircase.