Cupcake Decorating Classes
If you have ever swooned over custom cupcakes and wished yours could look as beautiful, here is your chance to learn. At the hands of our professional cake maker Julie, the complete novice through to the experienced enthusiast will have fun learning skills you can do at home, using simple cake decorating tools.
You will learn how to spread and pipe buttercream icing perfectly, plus how to create delicate decorations from fondant to adorn your cakes along with sprinkles, glitter and more. Our cupcake classes at Netherstowe House provide a hands-on opportunity to develop your cake decorating skills in a fun, practical and supportive learning environment whilst relaxing in beautiful surroundings. At the end of the workshop, you will take home a box containing six of your own delicious creations. During your Cupcake Class you will enjoy:
- Learning how to make beautiful decorations suitable for cupcakes
- How to pipe neat fluffy swirls
- Hints and tips to enable you to create beautiful cupcakes at home
- Six wonderful cupcakes of your own creation to take home and impress your family and friends
Price: £55 per person (price includes 2 course lunch)
Due to the popularity of our cupcake classes advanced booking is highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
All classes take place between 10am - 12midday. Forthcoming dates include:
Saturday, 12th January 2013
Saturday, 9th February 2013
(Valentines Theme. Hearts, Roses and Cupid Cupcakes)
Saturday, 2nd March 2013
(Mothers day theme. Various Flowers & Summer Hat Cupcakes)
Saturday, 27th April 2013
(Easter theme. Chicks, Easter Bonnets & Egg Basket Cupcakes)
Saturday, 25th May 2013
Saturday, 15th June 2013
(Fathers day theme. Racing Cars, Golf, Football Cupcakes)
Saturday, 13th July 2013
Saturday, 10th August 2013
Saturday, 21st September 2013
Saturday, 26th October 2013
Saturday, 2nd November 2013
(Guy Fawkes theme. Rockets, Bonfire & Catherine Wheel Cupcakes)
Saturday, 21st December 2013
(Festive theme. Christmas Trees, Wreaths and Angel Cupcakes)
You will learn how to create stunning floral cupcakes perfect for parties and gifts! This class focuses solely on the decorative side of cupcake making.
The class begins with a detailed explanation of colour combinations using the colour wheel. You will learn all about mixing food colours to design a visually appealing scheme. You will have plenty of opportunity to practice and perfect simple and effective techniques using a wide range of tools.
This class is suitable for all levels. Your day will consist of:
- Preparing fondant for making delicate and beautiful flowers & models
- Working with food colours to create beautiful colour palettes and schemes
- Gaining confidence with using a variety of cutters/tools to make sugar flowers and models for example: hydrangea, roses, daisies, fantasy flowers, butterflies, ladybirds and many more!
You will go home with
- 12 beautifully decorated cupcakes
- Confidence in working with fondant, food colours and various cutters/tools for making intricate flowers and models by hand.
- An understanding of basic design principles and colour coordination
- Plus confidence and skills to use in your own kitchen.
Decorated with your own fair hand all packaged up and ready to take them home to impress your friends and family!
All ingredients, equipment and boxes are provided; you do not need to bring anything with you!
Price: £99 per person (price includes 2 course lunch)
The Cupcake Master Class take place between 10:30am - 3:30pm (lunch from 12.30-1.30pm). Forthcoming dates include:
Saturday 26th January 2013
Saturday 29th June 2013
Saturday 23rd November 2013
When booking a Cupcake Class please allow as much notice as possible to avoid disappointment. Cupcake Class bookings are subject to availability, and need to be pre-booked, pre-paid and any cancellations under 1 week incur a 100% charge. 2 course lunch excludes beverages.